Membership Terms and Conditions
BUYING A BARREL CLUB MEMBERSHIP
We sell membership subscription services to our customers whereby we send the desired product at the agreed time to the desired place. Every membership is made clear at the time of purchase and through subsequent confirmation emails.
Barrel Club Midleton Distillery membership will not auto-renew at the end of the prepaid period – renewal will require manual resubscription, and we will provide adequate notice to by email to enable you to re-subscribe, should you wish to do so.
Barrel Club Midleton Distillery's obligations under this agreement are to issue the Barrel Club Midleton Distillery membership to you under the agreement. We are responsible for you receiving the desired services and goods to an (at least) acceptable quality.
Some products and services available on our website are sold by a network of independent vendors, retailers, manufacturers and other licensed parties (vendors) that we rely upon, while others are produced at Midleton Distillery. Each product or service listed on Barrel Club Midleton Distillery website is not an offer to purchase such product or service but an invitation to make an offer. You acknowledge and agree that Barrel Club Midleton Distillery does not sell, offer to sell, invite to sell, or solicit any offers. In all instances, all sales are advertised, solicited, offered, accepted, made and delivered by vendors who receive all orders. In all instances, any solicitation, invitation, offer, advertisement or communication is void where prohibited by law.
We may provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products you purchase from third-party sellers, or from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our site, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are disclaimed by us absolutely. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third party.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
The price of membership will be as quoted on our site, except in cases of error. These prices include VAT. If there is a pricing error in relation to the membership which could have reasonably been recognized by you as a mispricing then we have the right to cancel any membership issued in respect of the purchase and issue you a refund in respect of the same. Payment for all services and products may be made by credit or debit card.
The products are sold under the condition that they will at no point become the subject of duty of tax evasion. Ensuring that any relevant duties or local taxes have been paid remains the sole responsibility of the customer and we will not be liable for any actions undertaken without the appropriate duties having been paid subsequent to the sale.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
For detailed information, read our Shipping & Returns Policy.
A distillery visit for one of the below experiences is included as part of your Barrel Club Membership.
- Behind The Scenes at Midleton Distillery, Cork
- Jameson Black Barrel Blending Class at Jameson Distillery Bow St., Dublin
Your complimentary booking code will be valid for the duration of your membership, and must be redeemed during this time.
OUR REFUND POLICY
For detailed information, read our Refund Policy.
OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL ORDERS
We reserve the right to cancel orders at our discretion and at any stage of the order fulfilment process. We will provide a reason and you will be notified of our actions via email within a reasonable period of time, but usually as soon as possible. We'll refund any money received from you to the method of payment originally used unless agreed otherwise (i.e. store credit).
We may cancel orders that we suspect were placed using incorrect information, misuse of store credit and promo codes, and other forms of fraud. If that is the case with your order, a Customer Support representative may contact you first by email and give you a reasonable amount of time to respond to our concerns. Another reason for us to cancel your order is if it cannot be fulfilled due to unavailability even 2 months after it was made. Other possible reasons would include pricing and inventory errors (we rely on the diligence of our fulfilment partners to keep the store up to date). It does not happen often, but just in case, and for these kinds of cases, we don't take any responsibility for damages caused due to longer fulfilment times or inability to deliver items.
Product pages of goods on sale are subject to change (i.e. prices, availability, and general product information such as edition or batch). We reserve the right to cancel an order whenever there is a discrepancy, in product description or price, between the website and the item available for fulfilment.
In case we need to cancel your order, the refund will be normally processed immediately but no later than 30 days from cancelation. The funds will be returned to the original payment method.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us any violation of this agreement including deliberate breaches is strictly limited to the purchase price of the membership you purchased and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability
- under consumer or data protection legislation
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude our liability.
We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and even if such losses result from a deliberate breach of these terms and conditions by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us, including but not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data
- loss of data, or
- waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, with discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms and conditions through your use of our site. When a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate which may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms and conditions. The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page for any reason, including but not limited to reflecting changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
All trademarks and all related logos, designs, labels, bottle designs and all other intellectual property associated with Barrel Club Midleton Distillery’s products and brands used herein are owned by Irish Distillers International Ltd. (“IDIL”) - a list of those trademarks can be obtained from the Internet Manager, Irish Distillers International Ltd. Simmonscourt House, Simmonscourt Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any content of this Site, except as provided above, is strictly prohibited. All other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark owners.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISIT TO THE SITE
Products and promotions of IDIL are produced and available in many parts of the world. However, this Site may describe products, promotions or contests that are not available in your country or state of domicile. This Site may be linked with other sites and IDIL is not responsible for the content of those sites. The inclusion of any link to any other site is provided for information purposes only and does not imply endorsement by IDIL of the sites and IDIL does not make any representation or warranties about any such sites. Failure by IDIL to enforce any right under these Terms and Conditions or any part of them shall not constitute a waiver of such a right or part of these Terms and Conditions. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity of any remaining provisions. IDIL can revise these Terms and Conditions or the content of the Site at any time by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
This agreement and any dispute arising out of it will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
BARREL CLUB SURVEY COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Barrel Club Survey Competition
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Schedule to Terms & Conditions
Open to Irish residents only, subject to these Terms & Conditions.
18yr + for winner and companions.
Entry Mechanism Complete survey provided by email to eligible member.
Entry Limit 1 per person
Promotion Period: -
Commencement Time 16.00
Commencement Date 11th April 2022
Close Time 16:00
Close Date 18th April 2022
Promoter Irish Distillers International Ltd, Simmonscourt House, Simmonscourt Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Judgement Date Winner will be announced on 18th April 2022.
Judgement Criteria Random Selection
Prize €100 Gift Card
Total Prize Value €100.00
Approved Notification Method Email
Prize Delivery Method By post
Prize Delivery Date By 30th April 2022.
Special Conditions Entrant must be a Barrel Club member prior to 28th February 2022.
Promoter Email Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Claim Days 5 working days from the announcement of the winner
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. For the avoidance of doubt the above Schedule to these Terms & Conditions forms part of these conditions.
2. Entry is open to Eligible Entrants. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion; and any retailer activating the promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
3. To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must complete the Entry Mechanism during the Promotion Period.
4. If applicable, the Entry Limit applies to entries. Any excess or invalid entries will be deemed invalid.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be submitted in the manner required and received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. The Promotion Period commences at the Commencement Time on the Commencement Date and closes at the Close Time on the Close Date. The judging will take place at the Nominated Business on the Judgment Date using the Judgment Criteria. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. If the entrant’s entry is deemed invalid, the Promoter will award the prize to the next best judged entry at the same time and place as the original judging date and repeat this process until the prize is awarded to an Eligible Entrant.
8. The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied by the winner(s). Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Any change in the value of a prize between the advertising date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
9. The winner(s) will be notified by the Approved Notification Method.
10. Prizes will be delivered to winners by the Prize Delivery Method by the Prize Delivery Date. The Promoter and its agents associated with this promotion take no responsibility for a prize (or part of a prize) damaged or lost in transit (if relevant).
11. The Promoter encourages the responsible use of prize(s), in accordance with applicable legislation.
12. If for any reason a Prize, or any part of a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part thereof) for an alternative Prize to the same or greater value of the original Prize value, subject to applicable law.
13. Entrants must only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner(s) to produce (within a nominated time period) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity, age, residency and/or eligibility to enter and/or claim a prize and any information submitted by the entrant in entering the promotion before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the entrant has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, that entrant’s entry will become invalid. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any validation and verification of the entrant that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion. In the event that an entrant cannot provide suitable proof, the relevant prize will be forfeited and no substitute will be offered as the entrant will be disqualified.
14. Where applicable, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Prize winner or any of their companions to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the Prize winner (or any of their companions where applicable) are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or use the Prize.
15. No compensation will be payable if a winner (or their companions if applicable) are unable to use any element of a Prize for whatever reason, including refusal of entry or ejection from the location(s) or participation in certain activities for health, age, behaviour or safety reasons. Any part of a Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and will not be substituted.
16. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their Prize within the Claim Days, the Promoter may instead offer the prize to the next Eligible Entrant selected from the valid entries that were received before the Closing Date.
17. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to entrant's or any other person's mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
20. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the Promoter’s licensing obligations and liquor serving policy where applicable.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
24. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
25. As a condition of entering this promotion, the winner(s) agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
26. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion(s), if applicable) may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
27. If in connection with the Promotion you send any content (such as photographs, recordings or images of yourself or other people) and/or Giveaway entries and accompanying material (together “Content”) to the Promoter, or if such Content is created by the Promoter in the course of the Promotion, Irish Distillers may use such Content for publicity and promotional purposes.
28. An entry will not be accepted as a valid entry if (in the opinion of the Promoter) it:
a. encourages under-age drinking, has a strong or evident appeal to minors or features anyone who is, or looks, under 18
b. depicts or encourages irresponsible or offensive behaviour, excessive drinking or the misuse of alcohol
c. challenges or dares people to drink alcohol
d. associates drinking with engaging in any activity which requires a high degree of physical co-ordination, such as driving or playing sport
e. suggests that alcohol leads to success or can change your mood or environment
f. suggests that alcohol offers any therapeutic benefits or is necessary to relax
g. contains religious imagery
h. is offensive, anti-social, sexually provocative, discriminatory, exploitative or degrading
i. is misleading, deceptive, false, illegal or breaches anyone’s intellectual property right.
29. All Content submitted to the Promoter will become the property of Irish Distillers on receipt and will not be returned. By submitting Content, you agree to:
a. assign to Irish Distillers all your intellectual property rights; and
b. waive all moral rights,
in and to that Content which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under applicable intellectual property law in force anywhere in the world.
30. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make Content available on its website and any other media, and in connection with any publicity of the Promotion. The Promoter may use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and/or licence Content for its own purposes.
31. To the extent that the assignment of intellectual property right above at clause 27 is ineffective for any reason whatsoever, you hereby grant a perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to the Promoter to use your Content for marketing and publicity purposes. If required you shall sign any documents or do any other things necessary to give effect to this licence.
32. If you send the Promoter any ideas or suggestions, regardless of the topic, the Promoter will have no obligations with respect to such ideas or suggestions and may use them for any purpose whatsoever.
33. Where applicable, entries are subject to the Special Conditions.
35. The Promoter supports responsible consumption and recommends that alcohol be enjoyed in moderation.
36. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the Irish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or difference arising in connection with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
Thank you for your interest
Barrel Club is now closed for new memberships. To hear more about our exceptional Irish whiskey offering, including exclusive releases, please visit our online Midleton Distillery Collection and Brand Home distillery stores, at both Midleton Co. Cork and Bow St. in Dublin.