What is included in The Barrel Club membership?
As a member of Barrel Club you will have access to a wide range of benefits, which include:
- Welcome Gift Pack – Within 4 weeks after sign up you’ll receive a unique welcome pack featuring one of our special edition whiskeys personalised, for you to share with a friend, if you can part with it!
- Quarterly Shipment – Every three months a new box of whiskeys will arrive at your door for you to discover. Each box with a unique theme contains a 700ml* bottle along with three 50ml samples. Get ready to enhance your Irish whiskey knowledge.
- Distillery Exclusives – We’ll be providing you with exclusive access behind the curtain at Midleton Distillery, meeting our Makers, hearing their stories and exploring our process from grain to glass. At least once per year, you’ll receive a distillery exclusive liquid as part of your quarterly shipment box.
- Virtual Tasting Experience – Following the delivery of your quarterly whiskey boxes, our Makers will host a virtual tasting and conversation which will explore the flavours and stories behind the liquids.
- Behind the Scenes Distillery Experience – You’ll be invited through our distillery doors for a Behind the Scenes tour at our home in Midleton, Co. Cork or a Blending Class at the Jameson Distillery on Bow St, Dublin, where you will taste, touch, smell and interact with our whiskeys.
- Whiskey Education – Throughout your journey with us, you’ll step through our distillery doors, physically and virtually, to uncover the expertise we’ve been cultivating since 1825. Each drop will contain detailed tasting notes for the whiskeys included.
Are distillery exclusives part of the membership?
As a member of Barrel Club Midleton Distillery, you will explore some of the world’s most well-known and successful Irish whiskeys from the Midleton Distillery. From the smoothness of Jameson to the refinement of Midleton Very Rare, we've got a whiskey to satisfy your palette. Each quarter, a limited-edition whiskey consignment including a 700ml bottle along with three 50ml samples will be delivered, themed and hand-picked by Master Distillery Kevin O’Gorman and his team at Midleton Distillery. At least once per year, you’ll receive a distillery exclusive liquid as part of your quarterly shipment box. Each membership will also include exclusive access to distillery whiskey education and virtual tastings as well as a ticket to an in-person experience - a Behind The Scenes tour at Midleton Distillery or a whiskey blending class at Jameson Distillery Bow St.
Does my membership automatically renew?
No, your membership won’t automatically renew. A month before your membership expires, we will get in touch to remind you to renew your membership to continue your Barrel Club benefits.
How do I find out when my Barrel Club membership is due to expire?
By logging into ‘My Account’, you’ll be able to see when your current membership to Barrel Club is set to expire. Before your membership expires, we will get in touch to see if you would like to renew your membership to continue your Barrel Club subscription.
I live outside the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales – can I still join The Barrel Club?
Membership is currently only open to residents of the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. However, we will be expanding to new territories shortly - keep an eye on our Instagram or Facebook page @barrelclubmidletondistillery to stay up to date with our latest announcements.
I’ve moved home – how do I change my delivery address details?
Get in touch with our customer service team to update this for you by emailing email@example.com or call 01 8072328. Our customer service runs Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Please note: all changes of address must be complete 30 days before the shipment date. If delivery details are altered after less than 30 days before the shipment of a quarterly drop, the update will not be implemented for that quarter’s delivery and you will need to arrange delivery/collection via your DHL tracking link.
I bought a Barrel Club membership as a gift, but nothing has arrived.
When you purchase a Barrel Club membership as a gift, your gift recipient will be notified via email, and should receive their welcome pack within two weeks and get the first taste of the gift that keeps on giving.
If their welcome pack hasn’t shown up within two weeks, please check the delivery address outlined in your confirmation email. If the email is correct and the welcome pack has not yet arrived, please let us know by dropping an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate this for you.
I have bought/plan to buy a personal membership online. Will I be able to access the benefits straight away?
Yes! You’ll be able to sign into your account and access all the exciting benefits of the club right away and your welcome pack will arrive within two weeks.
I want to register for Barrel Club, but it says there are currently no memberships available.
There are a limited number of Barrel Club memberships released each quarter. This is due to the nature of the whiskeys included in the boxes, which are not available in large quantities. Once you’ve registered your interest, you will receive an email notification about the next date memberships will be released. We offer membership subscriptions on a first come first served basis.
What is a whiskey subscription?
Members of Barrel Club Midleton Distillery can expect a host of whiskey delights through the post each quarter. Every box is specially curated around a new and intriguing theme; for example the whiskeys delivered may represent a certain, technique, style or year.
The subscription is designed to give you a whole new understanding of the world of Irish whiskey. You’ll explore the notes of various liquids, comparing and contrasting carefully selected whiskeys with each delivery.
This is the ideal subscription box for someone who wants to spend time exploring whiskey in dramatic and unexpected ways. And, with multiple whiskeys in each box, it’s perfect for sharing too.
Is postage included in the cost?
Yes, the annual price of our subscription includes the cost of postage and packaging to your address of choice in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. There are no hidden fees or additional costs – what you see is what you pay from the very beginning of your journey with us.
When will my whiskey subscription payment be debited from my account?
Your initial payment will be debited from your account on the date you sign up to the subscription service. We will take any subsequent whiskey subscription payments upon manual renewal of your membership.
How do I pay for my whiskey subscription?
Payments will be processed as a secure debit or credit card payment via Shopify.
When will my whiskey subscription arrive?
Subscription boxes are posted out at the beginning of September, December, March and June and are dispatched via DHL.
Once dispatched, we will let you know your whiskey is on the way, and your subscription box should arrive within 2-5 working days.
New members will also receive their welcome pack within 4 weeks of joining Barrel Club.
How do gift subscriptions work?
When purchasing a subscription as a gift, you will need to provide your gift recipient’s Full Name, personalisation name, address & contact details.
We will then send a gift card on your behalf directly to your gift recipient via email, including your personal message to notify them of their gift.
Once you complete your purchase, your gift recipient’s membership is activated and we will send out their welcome pack to the address specified. Then, they will enjoy the gift that keeps on giving as they will receive a further four packs throughout the year.
Through the gift card, your gift recipient will be encourage to complete the registration to unlock their full benefits to access their account and membership perks.
What is the difference between the member name and the personalisation name?
As part of the Barrel Club welcome pack, the member receives a personalised bottle, with their name on the label. Therefore, the name we ask for is the Full Name of the member, and we also ask for the name that the member would like personalised on their bottle.
What if I need to cancel my whiskey subscription?
Once you sign up to Barrel Club Midleton Distillery, you are committed to the duration of your membership. Please see our Refund Policy for more information concerning your right to cancel. If it no longer suits you to receive your shipments, you can transfer your membership to another recipient.
Renewal of your subscription will not be automatic – if you don’t manually renew your membership, your subscription will cease. If you need further assistance, please email email@example.com.
Can I change the delivery address for my whiskey subscription?
Yes, you can change this in your account section by clicking 'manage my addresses'.
Please note: all changes of address must be complete 14 days before the shipment date. If delivery details altered after the shipment of a quarterly drop, the update will not be implemented for that quarter’s delivery.
I need to pause my subscription – what do I do?
We currently don’t have an automatic function for pausing your subscription, however, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
Can I transfer my whiskey subscription to someone else?
Yes – you’ll need to email email@example.com to do so. Make sure you have your account login details to hand so that we can change the account for you.
My subscription box hasn’t arrived when expected this quarter – what should I do?
If you’ve waited longer than expected for your whiskey box, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can track your parcel’s progress and update you.
My subscription box and/or its contents were broken or damaged – what should I do?
While we do our best to ensure that all Barrel Club subscription boxes arrive in one piece and beautifully presented, accidents do sometimes happen in transit. Should you receive a subscription box that is damaged, broken, or you believe has been tampered with, please let us know immediately by emailing email@example.com. If you can include a photograph of the item with your email that will help us to speedily process your request. We will then replace the damaged item as soon as possible.
Please keep in mind we may require you to retain your damaged or incorrect items, in the condition you received them (including the original packaging), so that we can process a damage claim or arrange for a return pick-up.
May I return my whiskey subscription box for a refund?
If we’ve made an error with your delivery, or you are dissatisfied with the contents of your whiskey subscription box, then please email ￼firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am having trouble activating my Barrel Club gift subscription.
We’re sorry to hear this but please don’t worry – either email email@example.com or call 01 8072328 and our team will be happy to help. Our opening hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday and we will reply to all emails as soon as we possibly can..
I can’t access my Barrel Club account, what should I do?
If you are having trouble signing into your Barrel Club account, try the following:
- Check you have typed your email address and password as you did during the sign-up process – both fields are case sensitive.
- If you can’t remember your password, simply click ‘Forgot your password?’ beneath the sign in boxes. Type in the email address you used to register your account and we’ll send you a link to reset your password.
- If you think you have the correct details but you still can’t access your account, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help. To help us find your account information as quickly as possible, it’ll be helpful if you can tell us the email address and full name you used to register or activate your account.
- To get in touch email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 8072328. Our customer service runs Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
I am not receiving my Barrel Club emails
There are various reasons why you may not be receiving your Barrel Club emails. Before getting in touch please:
- Check your spam or junk folder. Your email client may have accidentally marked our emails as spam.
- If you use Gmail make sure to check the ‘Promotions’ and ‘Social’ categories that your inbox filters automatically. Similarly, if you use Outlook, make sure to check the ‘Other’ category in your inbox.
- Sign in to your Barrel Club account and check there are no typos in the email address you have provided.
- If you still can’t see our emails then one of our team will be able to help, email email@example.com or call 01 8072328. Our customer service runs Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
How do I arrange my complimentary distillery visit?
As a member of Barrel Club, you will receive an invitation to come and visit Midleton Distillery in Cork, or Jameson Distillery Bow St., Dublin. You will receive this invite via email, including instructions on how to book using your unique Barrel Club complimentary code.
My distillery visit code isn't working?
Here are some steps to check before getting in touch:
- Ensure that you have copied & pasted your code exactly.
- Check that you don't have a space before or after your code.
- Ensure that you haven't previously booked with this code, as they can be redeemed once only.
If you are still experiencing issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 8072328.
Can I bring a plus one on my distillery visit?
Yes, when booking your distillery experience using your Barrel Club code, you will see an option to add more people to your booking, subject to availability, for a cost of €60 per additional person.
Is my data private?
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com